Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Journey Back In Time

I recently visited my great grandfather's homestead on the Nooksack river with my cousin Ron.  Standing in the woods, where the old Rothenbuhler family cabin once stood, was like going back in time.  I could almost hear their voices, it lent strength to my connections with both the land and my Swiss ancestors who traveled so far to build a new home in the wilderness of the Pacific Northwest.


                                         
                                           Cousin Ron zip lining the river.
















                                        
                                                           Ron's Cabin
Rothenbuhler Rain Forest
Jacob Rothenbuhler Family Cabin, 1901

Jacob's Cabin Site Today

Fred Rothenbuhler's Cabin, 1918

Fred's Cabin Site Today

Saxon School, 1900-1901

Saxon School Site Today


No comments:

Post a Comment